We BloomCare Tips
SEE THE LATEST OF OUR CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS WEEKS BLOOMS AS WELL AS OUR TIPS FOR GIVING YOUR BLOOMS THEIR BEST LIFE.
Our Latest Blooms
Follow us on Instagram for our weekly care tips and other floral goodness.
Flowers, whilst beautiful, are sensitive little things. Each variety has its own vase life, with some looking fabulous for over a week and others merely a few days.
Each week, we post on Facebook and Instagram some care tips specifically for that weeks blooms, however there are some standard steps you can take to help keep them fresh as long as possible.
- Remove any leaves that will sit below the water line.
- Make sure the vase is very clean before adding in your fresh cold (tap cold, not fridge cold) water.
- Cut each stem at an angle about 1-2cm from the bottom with sharp scissors to help them absorb the fresh water.
- Try to avoid placing your vase in direct sunlight, especially the hot afternoon sun if you can avoid it.
- Try to replace your water every other day to keep it nice and fresh. You can also cut a little more off the stems at this time if the ends are looking gunky.
- Remove spent flowers and leaves as you notice them.
- If you happen to have space in your fridge (is that a thing?) you can pop your flowers into the fridge overnight to keep them looking as fresh as possible during the day.